Employment law is critical to ensuring the workplace remains a safe place. At BDIW, our Perry personal injury lawyers have extensive experience representing the rights of employees. No employee should ever have to work in a hostile environment without taking some sort of action.
A Perry employment law lawyer can help protect your rights. Whether you are facing harassment or wrongful termination, our attorneys can advocate for your best interests. Call us today to discuss the details of your case.
Employment Law Violations
While working in a company or business, work environments should not be toxic. This is why both state and federal laws are in place to mitigate employment law violations. These laws allow individuals to submit complaints to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC) against a current or former employer who they believe has violated them.
Nobody should ever worry about being discriminated against in their place of work. Sadly, these things do happen, and they are likely violations of the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission regulations. At the federal level, workplace discrimination can occur based on the list below:
- Pregnancy status
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Race or color
This also comes into play when hiring and firing. Businesses are not allowed to discriminate against their workers based on the above factors. So, if someone is fired due to their religious preferences, the company will face criminal repercussions. However, these are sometimes hard to prove, so utilizing a reputable employment law lawyer in Perry is critical.
Workplace sexual harassment can take on various forms. Many think it’s solely unwanted physical contact or transactions for better employee benefits, but it’s more than this. Bad jokes, mean sexual comments, messages, or images can also count as sexual harassment in the workplace and are considered illegal during and outside office hours.
This is a violation that some employees will have to deal with head-on. You and your Perry employment law attorney will be able to determine if you have unpaid wages, including overtime, commissions, or bonuses that your employer won’t release. Also, if a final paycheck isn’t received after leaving a place of work or being let go, or if funds are insufficient, this is a violation.
Another aspect of this is unequal pay. A huge employment law violation is failing to pay different genders different wages. If there is a company-wide pattern of this, employers will face even more serious consequences for wage issues.
Some individuals who have left a workplace or have had their employment terminated still can get violated. For example, if an employee brings up serious concerns to management that weren’t taken seriously and then lets go, the manager or company could retaliate against the employee.
Retaliation can be done through harassment, demotion, or slander. To determine if this is happening to you, get the help of an employment law attorney in Perry as soon as possible.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Seeking Justice for Employment Law Violations
Unfortunately, employees fall victim to wrongdoing or harassment in the workplace every day. But there are things that can be done to change the tides. If you wish to take matters into your own hands, there are some agencies that can file complaints. They are as follows:
- The Oklahoma Department of Labor
- The Oklahoma Office of Disability Concerns
- The Oklahoma Workers Compensation Commission
- The Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs
However, more serious violations call for more serious punishments. The criminal justice system will likely handle any violations greater than filing a simple claim with the agencies above. However, our team can help you recover compensation for the ways your life has been affected due to employment law violations.
How an Employment Law Claim Works
In any workplace violation situation, you do not have to brave it alone. Having the right legal support can ensure you are being heard and your rights are being upheld. When filing an employment law claim, the following must be done:
- The facts of your case will be reviewed. Our reputable team will work hard to get to the facts of your case and dig deep to find the violations present. We will speak with all witnesses and those who were involved to get a better understanding of your complaint.
- Discuss the options you have. Sometimes, it’s better to submit complaints to the Oklahoma Department of Labor, whereas other times, it’s important to seek criminal charges. Based on the specifics, we will determine the best course of action.
- Look at what you have lost throughout the time you were employed. Employment discrimination and other workplace harassment can seriously impact someone’s mental state and financial state. Our team will take a closer look to analyze your losses.
- If decided, filing a lawsuit will be done. Apart from filing a simple complaint to the right organization, criminal action could be pursued. Your reputable legal team will get everything in order so that a lawsuit can be filed, and your employer can be responsible for what has been done.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Choose BDIW Law for Your Employment Law Claim
In employment law cases, it takes those who truly know the extent of these claims to ensure a successful outcome. Our team of knowledgeable staff has what it takes to hear your case and find the best way to ensure you are compensated fully for your losses. We don’t back down, no matter the specifics of your case.
For more information, get in touch with us today to schedule your free consultation. Here, we will walk you through the legal process and determine how to move forward in the best way possible. Trust us to take on your big cases because we deliver big results.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY