Oklahoma City Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Riding a motorcycle can be one of the most freeing activities one partakes in. However, it can also be one of the most dangerous. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident in Oklahoma City, you know this all too well. At Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, our Oklahoma City motorcycle accident attorneys have helped countless victims and their loved ones recover compensation following devastating accidents caused by negligent parties. If you are currently living with the consequences of someone else's poor choices or careless actions, reach out to our law firm today.
How Motorcycle Accidents Happen
Many people assume that when a motorcycle accident occurs, it is the fault of the motorcycle operator. This misconception is not only dangerous, but it is also costly. More often than not, motorcycle accidents are almost always caused by driver negligence. Below are a few of the more common causes of motorcycle accidents:
● Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is the number one cause of car accidents today. It also happens to be the most common cause of motorcycle accidents. Cell phone use while driving, eating behind the wheel, passenger conversation, and other distractions all contribute to motor vehicle accidents. Unfortunately, when a driver is distracted, he or she is more likely to overlook a motorcycle because of how small the vehicle is.
● Speeding and Reckless Driving: Like with distracted driving, speeding and reckless driving also cause accidents at an alarming rate. Unfortunately, when an aggressive driver weaves in and out of traffic at a fast pace, he or she is unlikely to see a motorcyclist until it is too late.
● Road Defects: Potholes, road debris, ditches, and other hazards can send a motorcycle sprawling and the operator along with it. Local municipalities are generally required to maintain roads, but unfortunately, many fail to do so.
● Impaired Driving: Drunk driving accidents involving motorcycles are on the rise. This is because drunk or drugged drivers exhibit poor judgement, slow response time, and impaired vision.
● Bad Weather: Bad weather makes bad drivers of everyone. However, operators of both passenger and commercial vehicles and motorcycles have a responsibility to exercise extreme care during inclement weather conditions, even if it means getting off the road. If a driver fails to proceed with caution when dangerous weather strikes, he or she may be liable for resulting harms.
Above are just a few examples of how motorcycle accidents occur and when a party other than the motorcycle operator may be liable. That said, accidents can happen for any number of reasons in a variety of situations. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your accident, talk to an Oklahoma City motorcycle accidents lawyer regarding your legal options today.
Contact Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker
At Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, our Oklahoma City motorcycle accident lawyers have helped countless motorcycle accident victims recover compensation for everything from road rash to spinal injuries to paralysis stemming from motorcycle crashes. If you or a loved one sustained a costly and life-altering injury in a recent accident, contact our law firm today to discuss what you need to do to recover compensation.