Accidents are a top cause of death and disability in the US, often leading to a wide range of injuries that have a profound impact on the lives of victims.
It may come as a shock to learn that accidents now rank third in cause of death among Americans, but statistics from the National Safety Council (NSC) also reveal that unintentional injuries are also a huge problem: Every second in the US, a victim suffers harm from an accident that could have been prevented, including motor vehicle crashes, slip and falls, and other incidents. Fortunately, you do have options to recover compensation for losses that result from accidental injuries. However, you may not know where to begin with pursuing the responsible party.
At BDIW Law, our team is well-versed in the laws that apply to your situation and experienced in handling every stage of the legal process. We will be at your side when filing an insurance claim, but we are also ready to take your case to court to enforce your rights. Please contact our office to set up a no-cost consultation with an Oklahoma City personal injury attorney right away. You might also find it helpful to review some of the most common types of injuries that occur because of accidents.
- Head Injuries: The brain is the most complex organ in the human body, so there can be severe implications if you suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Concussion, brain bleeding and bruising, penetrating head injuries, and many other types of trauma are common in accidents.
- Spinal Cord and Neck Trauma: The spine provides flexibility, structure, and mobility. Plus, the spinal cord serves as a sort of communications network carrying messages from the brain to other parts of the body. The most serious spinal cord injuries occur near the neck, often leading to paralysis, quadriplegia, and/or paraplegia from the affected area on down.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Deep cuts will often require stitches or surgery, but the damage can be extreme if the laceration affects nerve tissue. A violent accident could also cause amputation.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These are often called invisible injuries because they are not obvious to others. However, as a victim, you could be in excruciating pain from whiplash, a herniated or bulging spinal cord disc, or bursitis.
- Broken Bones: Bone material is strong, but even solid tissue may be unable to withstand a powerful impact. Fractures are common in many types of accidents.
- Burn Injuries: Thermal, chemical, and electrical burns frequently occur in motor vehicle accidents. Whether the incident is caused by a fire, explosion, or exposure to hazardous materials, burn injuries can lead to significant scarring.
Our Oklahoma City, OK Personal Injury Lawyers Can Explain Your Legal Options
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
To learn more about your legal remedies as the victim of an injury-causing accident, please contact BDIW Law at 405-886-9660, or via our website. We can schedule a free case evaluation with an Oklahoma City, OK personal injury attorney at our offices in Ponca City, Oklahoma. Once we learn more about your story, we can advise you on next steps toward recovering compensation.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY