When playground accidents result in serious personal injuries, our Oklahoma City child injury attorneys help you hold those at fault accountable.
Playgrounds provide children with hours of entertainment and physical activity while letting them socialize with friends. Unfortunately, they are also one of the places personal injuries are most likely to happen. When your child is hurt, Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker provides the professional legal representation you need. Our experienced Oklahoma City child injury attorneys help you hold those at fault for playground accidents accountable so you can get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
Our Oklahoma City Child Injury Attorneys Help You Get the Compensation Needed When Playground Accidents Happen
Playgrounds are happy places, filled with the sounds of children laughing and having fun. Unfortunately, they are also one of the most dangerous places in terms of childhood injuries. According to statistics from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 200,000 children aged 14 and younger end up visiting hospital emergency rooms for playground injuries each year. In the majority of cases, negligence on the part of the property owner or manager is to blame.
At Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in these situations. Our Oklahoma City child injury attorneys help parents get the compensation they need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result. Common types of playground injuries in cases we represent include:
- Back and neck injuries, such as damage to vertebrae or discs;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Deep cuts and lacerations;
- Head injuries, such as concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn muscles or tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis.
We Help You Hold Those Responsible for Playground Injuries Accountable
Playground injuries can happen in a variety of ways, but in the majority of cases, negligence on the part of playground owners and managers is ultimately to blame. Under the Oklahoma Statutes, negligence refers to taking actions that put others at risk or failing to take reasonable measures to prevent personal injuries. Among the most common causes of playground injuries in cases our Oklahoma City child injury attorneys handle include:
- Failure to properly maintain the premises, such as allowing broken glass or other hazards to accumulate;
- Failure to maintain playground equipment, such as having swings with broken chains or climbing equipment with missing parts;
- Failure to provide proper surfaces, such as using too hard a ground cover or materials that get slick when wet;
- Failure to provide adequate supervision, such as not preventing bullies or other threats from putting children at risk.
Our Oklahoma City Child Injury Attorneys are Here to Help
Playground injuries can impact your child for years into the future. At Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, our goal is to get you the compensation you will need during their recovery. Call 405-886-9660 or contact our Oklahoma City child injury attorneys online and request a consultation to discuss how we can help you today.