Accidents happen every day across Sapulpa. From car accidents to slip and fall injuries, victims deal with medical expenses, lost time from work, and painful injuries due to the accident. Many of these accidents could have been easily avoided if the responsible party or parties had acted differently.
A personal injury lawyer can help you when you have been emotionally or physically hurt in an accident. They can guide you in understanding the confusing legalities of Oklahoma law and help you fight to receive the compensation you deserve. A dedicated Sapulpa personal injury lawyer with BDIW Law can help you begin the recovery process.
Common Personal Injury Cases in Sapulpa
There are a variety of reasons someone may suffer a personal injury, and sometimes personal injuries are true accidents and not caused by a negligent person. Personal injury cases that carry a legal claim are caused by the intentional or negligent actions of a business or another person. The following are the most common personal injury accidents seen in Sapulpa:
Car crashes are one of the leading causes of personal injury cases nationwide. Car accidents can cause a variety of injuries, including broken bones, neck injuries, and internal bleeding. Property damage is typically higher with accidents involving other vehicles.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are another common type of personal injury. Generally, these fall under premises liability cases. Slip and fall accidents occur in various locations, including stores, parking lots, and private properties.
Slip and fall accidents occur when the person responsible for caring for the property becomes negligent in their job. In stores, this could mean not promptly cleaning up a spill or leak. On private property, slip and fall accidents can occur on broken or uneven steps or flooring.
Personal injury caused by medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, surgeon, nurse, or physician’s assistant does not properly care for a patient and misses the medical standard of care. Medical malpractice can occur from surgical errors, poor aftercare, improper medication dosage, and incorrect diagnosis. These cases can be difficult to prove without a skilled personal injury attorney in Sapulpa.
Product liability injuries occur when a consumer is harmed by a defective product. There are a number of parties that can be held responsible for a product that poses a risk to users. A product can be defective at any stage of its creation, including the design, manufacturing, and marketing, which typically leads to them being recalled.
Workplace injuries can occur anywhere from an office building to a construction site. Workplace injuries include falls, faulty machinery, repetitive motion injuries, exposure to harmful chemicals, and much more. An employer is legally obligated to ensure their employees’ safety in their working environment at all times.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Recovering Personal Injury Damages
When someone is injured in a personal injury accident, they are likely to incur many damages. An attorney with BDIW Law firm can help you gather the necessary evidence to prove your damages. In Sapulpa, you can claim economic and non-economic damages.
Some examples of economic damages could include:
- Medical expenses, including doctor visits, ambulance rides, surgeries, prescription medications, and hospital stays
- Lost wages, including bonuses and tips
- Lost earning potential
- Personal property damage
- Durable medical equipment
- Home modifications
Some examples of non-economic damages could include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Permanent scarring
- Permanent disability
Common Injuries Found in Personal Injury Accidents
The injuries victims can sustain are often catastrophic. The more impactful your injuries are, the more you can expect to be awarded. Some examples include:
- Cuts, scrapes, burns, bruises, and scalds resulting from contact with harmful substances, hot surfaces, or sharp objects
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury and concussions from falls and car crashes
- Internal bleeding from crashes
- Loss of limbs in construction accidents
- Dislocated joints, fractures, broken bones, and sprains from various accidents
- Bites from animals
- Inhalation of foreign bodies or poisoning from breathing in or ingesting toxic chemicals
If you have suffered any other types of injuries, our team can help you fight for your rights. Grounds for legal action are based on the severity of your injuries, not the type of injuries you sustained. Contact our personal injury law firm to find out which legal options are most suitable for your case.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
What Do Immediately After a Personal Injury
It is important you take the proper steps following any personal injury. This ensures you receive necessary medical attention, as well as preserving evidence if you choose to file a personal injury claim. The following outlines what you should do after a Sapulpa accident.
- Seek medical attention – If you have been involved in any type of accident, it is important that you seek medical care as soon as possible and call 911 immediately if you suffer severe injuries. Even if you feel your injuries may be minor, you should have a medical professional to perform a full evaluation.
- Report the incident – If you do not call 911 for immediate medical attention, be sure to call authorities so a police officer can investigate the scene and file an official police report.
- Gather evidence – If you are physically able to do so, you should collect as much evidence as possible. Take photographs or video evidence documenting the scene, your injuries, and any property damage that occurred.
- Talk to witnesses – If there were people in the area during your accident, you should collect their contact information so your attorney can record their statement.
- Follow up with a doctor – It is important you follow up with your doctor to ensure no injuries were missed, such as internal bleeding or a traumatic brain injury, both of which can take a longer time to appear.
- Stay off social media – Even though you may be tempted to share what happened on social media, it can only hurt your personal injury claim. A social media post can be used as evidence against you.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer in Sapulpa, OK – Personal injury cases can be complicated, and hiring an experienced and knowledgeable Sapulpa personal injury attorney can help you recover the compensation you need.
These steps can be intimidating. Do not let your fear of the unknown hold you back from the compensation you deserve. Our team is standing by ready to help you fight for justice after a catastrophic injury.
You Need An Attorney Who Has The Experience And Skill To Help You.Call (866) 257 7646
BDIW Law Can Help with Your Personal Injury Case
Being involved in an accident can be scary. When you suffer personal injuries, the situation becomes that much more difficult. You need a personal injury attorney in Sapulpa, OK knowledgeable in Oklahoma injury law to help you fight for your legal rights to maximum compensation.
BDIW Law will work tirelessly to get you the results you need and the compensation you deserve. Our personal injury team has a proven record of success. Contact us today using our online contact form for a free consultation.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY