Premises liability occurs when a person suffers an injury due to the dangerous conditions that someone else caused or should have prevented. There are many instances in which a person may suffer significant injury as a result of such a loss, and when that happens, you may have the right to compensation, so speak with an Sapulpa personal injury lawyer today. At BDIW Law, our Sapulpa premises liability lawyer is always available to fight to protect your right to compensation in cases like this.
When Does Premises Liability Apply?
Premise liability is not simple to prove since you must show that another person or business failed to keep you safe and that that person or business had the legal obligation to do so. Our premise liability attorney in Sapulpa can help you determine if that is the case when you come in for a free consultation. There are four key components that typically need to be met for this to be the case:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care, meaning they invited you to the property or allowed it in some way, meaning you could trust that it was safe to go there.
- The property owner, manager, or other responsible party failed that duty of care in some situations.
- The failure of that duty of care caused you to suffer injury as a result – it must be proven that this party’s failure led to the losses you have.
- You suffered financial or other losses that are owed compensation as a result of that breach of the duty of care.
For example, if you visit a retailer that has broken shelves that fall and cause an injury to you, you must show that the retailer knew of or should have known of the problem and did not take action to keep you safe. You then need to show that the falling shelf is what caused your injury and that you have medical bills as a result of it. Keep in mind that the burden of proof falls on the shoulders of you, the victim.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
How Our Sapulpa Premises Liability Attorney Works to Help You
When you are in a situation where you suffer loss as a result of another party’s actions or inactions, it is highly advisable for you to hire a premises liability attorney in Sapulpa to help you navigate your legal rights. Our attorneys will first work to understand what occurred so we can determine if premise liability occurred. Then, we work to gather evidence that a dangerous condition was present that could have been avoided, such as:
- Foreign substances on a floor, such as from a spill
- Railings were not safe
- Animals were present that were a risk
- Weather caused unsafe conditions like ice
- Violent activity occurred that should have been anticipated and protected against
- Dangerous exposure to chemicals occurred
The second component of this process is proving that the party knew that this risk was present, had the time, and failed to resolve it but still welcomed you onto the property. This, too, is hard to do, but we may be able to prove they created the problem, they did not perform necessary inspections to ensure the area was safe, or they failed to warn about the risks. Proving this allows us to show the party was negligent.
Proving the Losses You Have Is Our Next Duty as Your Sapulpa Premise Liability Attorney
Once we gather evidence of what happened, as your premise liability attorney, we also want to investigate how this impacted you. To do that, we need to look at the evidence and data about what this caused you. Some examples of the losses you may have had as a result of this incident include:
- Medical bills
- Lost time at work
- Property damage
- Losses related to quality of life
- Losses related to an inability to work
- Modifications needed to your home
- Long-term medical care needs
- Emotional trauma and mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
By gathering evidence from your doctors, medical facts from cases like your own, and speaking to other experts, we can get a good idea of how to proceed to collect compensation for the losses you have. Our premises liability lawyer in Sapulpa at BDIW Law is always working diligently to prove that you have the right to compensation and how much you are owed. Let us take a closer look at your premise liability case to uncover the losses you have at a free consultation.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Why You Should Not Just File a Claim with Insurance
Instead of filing a claim with an insurance company, let our Sapulpa premise liability attorneys work to prove what you are owed and fight for the compensation you deserve, even under Oklahoma personal injury laws. Insurance companies work to lower the amount paid out in any way they can. Consider how our attorneys will handle the situation to avoid this:
- We gather data to determine how much you are owed based on economic losses and cases like your own.
- You approve this process, and we present it to the insurance company.
- We handle negotiating or providing additional proof that they need to the insurance company.
- You do not have to feel victimized again – we handle talking to them and navigating the entire process for you.
- If they are unwilling to pay you fairly what you are owed, we take them to court.
Keep in mind that when you work with BDIW for premises liability losses, you do not pay for our legal services unless (and until) we win your case. This allows you to have confidence that you are not going to have a large legal bill you cannot pay. Let us make sure the insurance company treats you fairly.
You Need An Attorney Who Has The Experience And Skill To Help You.Call (866) 257 7646
Schedule a Free Consultation with Us Now
Learn more about how our Sapulpa premises liability lawyer can help you obtain the compensation owed to you after a disastrous injury like this. At BDIW Law, we are passionate about providing our clients with exceptional service at every step of this process. If you were hurt while on another person’s property, let us work to prove you are owed compensation to the fullest extent of the law at a free consultation.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY