You have the right to compensation if a dog bit you, causing your injuries due to the negligence of the owner under Oklahoma law. To know what your rights are, reach out to the Sapulpa personal injury lawyer at BDIW Law for immediate help and guidance. Our Sapulpa dog bite lawyer can help you navigate the process of getting your medical bills and other losses paid.
Can I Be Compensated for a Dog Bite in Oklahoma?
This falls under Oklahoma Statutes Title 4. Animals §4-42.4. In most situations, a dog owner is responsible for the actions of their dogs, meaning that if the dog bites you and you did not do anything that would have caused it, the owner is responsible for the losses that occurred. Oklahoma has strict liability for dog bites like this.
Keep in mind that you must be able to prove that you had the right to be where the dog was. For example, if there are no trespassing signs posted on a person’s property and you still enter the property, leading to the dog biting you, it may be harder to receive compensation on a claim like this. If you are in a public park and the dog bites you, even if the owner has the dog leashed, they are still responsible for the injuries you have.
Our Sapulpa dog bite attorney can offer insight into the specifics of your case. We encourage you to work with an attorney throughout this process to minimize the risk of not receiving compensation owed to you. Our attorney can review your case and provide more insight into the rights you have.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
What Losses Can You Claim After a Dog Bite Case in Oklahoma?
Our dog bite lawyer in Sapulpa will work closely with you to determine what all of your losses are after a dog bite. Many factors can make these dog bites dangerous, including the size and strength of the dog, the location of the bite, and if it was a full attack with more than one bite. Some of the financial compensation you may be owed in a case like this includes:
- Medical expenses and losses: This includes all medical bills you had related to the dog bite, both in the past and in the future. It includes medications and secondary treatments you may need as well.
- Lost time at work: If you missed time at work due to the medical care you needed, for example, you may be able to claim compensation for those losses.
- Pain and suffering claims: Dog bites can be traumatic and lead to long-term, lasting injuries that warrant pain and suffering claims.
As you work with our dog bite attorney in Sapulpa, we will uncover any losses you have from the dog bite, such as secondary surgeries to repair damage, emotional trauma requiring mental health support, and ongoing difficulty working. Discuss all of the ways this injury has impacted your life with BDIW Law. You may be able to recover damages for each of those areas.
Our Dog Bite Attorney in Sapulpa Will Help You
We encourage you to contact a dog bite attorney in Sapulpa prior to filing a claim for your losses. Though you should file a police report and receive medical care for the incident as soon as possible, it is critical that you fully understand your losses before you file an insurance claim. Then, let our team do the work for you.
One of the first steps we have taken is fully examining what occurred in your case to prove negligence in the dog owner, which is critical to you filing a claim. With that evidence, we will then work closely with you to understand the full financial impact of the losses you have, and that means uncovering any type of financial loss suffered. With this information, we can approach the insurance company for the dog owner to pursue financial compensation.
- We present your losses with evidence to back up the claims.
- We handle all questions and denials of claims with you, so you never have to face the insurance company on your own.
- You receive a fair settlement in most situations as we are skilled negotiators for our clients.
- When necessary, we pursue legal action in a court of law to hold responsible owners accountable.
- Focus on your medical recovery and well-being while we handle the legal process.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
The Benefits of Working with Our Dog Bite Attorneys in Sapulpa
Working with BDIW Law offers you several key advantages. Our dog bite attorneys have years of experience fighting for the rights of our clients. We are professionals who are aggressive and dedicated to ensuring those responsible are held accountable.
- Proven Results: We have helped to recover millions of dollars for our clients throughout our history of providing personal injury legal representation.
- Exceptional Experience: You have attorneys with years of experience who know the system and can use that experience to build a strong case for you in many situations.
- Compassionate Professionals: We know the implications of a dog bite can impact your life in many ways, and we want to help support you through the healing process.
You are never alone in this process of getting financial help for your dog bite and other injuries you have sustained. Though insurance companies may try to limit your compensation and dog owners may try to make you feel bad, it is your right to recover damages that someone else caused. At BDIW Law, we are experienced in getting results for our clients in this area.
You Need An Attorney Who Has The Experience And Skill To Help You.Call (866) 257 7646
Set Up a Free, No-Obligation Consultation with a Sapulpa Dog Bite Attorney Now
At BDIW Law, if you do not win your case and recover damages, you do not owe us anything – and we offer a free consultation to help our clients find out if they have a case. Contact our Sapulpa dog bite lawyer now to inquire about a free case review and to learn what your rights are. Reach us 24 hours a day, and know we are here to help you.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY