Soft Tissue Injuries Lawyer in Tulsa
Injuries involving the muscles, tendons, and ligaments can be extremely painful and take a while to heal. Soft tissue injuries, which can be caused by almost any type of accident, can affect any part of the body, including the lower back, neck, legs, and arms, among others.
If you suffered a soft tissue injury or any other type of personal injury because of someone else’s negligence, you might be able to recover damages for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of income, and others.
Do not hesitate to speak with a Tulsa soft tissue injury attorney at Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and damages. Schedule a free consultation with our personal injury lawyers https://www.boettcherlawoffice.com/Personal-Injury/ by calling at 580.765.9660.
What are the Most Common Soft Tissue Injuries?
According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the most common types of soft tissue injuries are:
- Sprains – stretching or tearing of ligaments.
- Strains – stretching or tearing of muscles or tendons.
- Contusions – bruises resulting from a direct blow to the ligaments, tendons, or muscles by a blunt object.
- Tendonitis – inflammation or irritation of a tendon due to repeated stress.
- Bursitis – inflammation or irritation of the bursa, which is a jelly-like sac that contains a small amount of fluid and acts as a cushion between bones and soft tissues.
- Overuse injuries, or stress injuries – a stress fracture caused by repetitive trauma or overuse.
The above-mentioned soft tissue injuries occur due to either a sudden blow to the body or repeated overuse of the ligament, muscle, or tendon. A soft tissue injury can be painful and usually require a long time to heal, not to mention that the injured person’s ability to work may be diminished due to the soft tissue injury.
Causes of Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries can be caused by various types of accidents, including but not limited to:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Car wrecks
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bicycle collisions
- Sports accidents
- Workplace accidents
Causes of soft tissue injuries can be broken down into two types:
- Direct force as a result of accidents and trauma; and
- Repeated wear and tear due to overuse of the muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
The severity of a soft tissue injury depends on the strength of the force or how long it took to develop the overuse trauma.
What Damages Can You seek for a Soft Tissue Injury?
If you suffered a soft tissue injury because someone else was negligent or careless, you might have a right to obtain compensation for your losses. If your soft tissue injury is related to work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits that cover the injured worker’s medical bills and lost wages.
If your soft tissue injury was caused by someone else’s negligence outside of work, you could recover the following kinds of damages by pursuing an insurance claim or filing a lawsuit:
- Medical expenses
- The cost of rehabilitation and therapy
- Loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
Contact our experienced soft tissue injury attorneys at Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker to help you seek compensation for your damages and losses. Talk to our lawyers by scheduling a free phone consultation. Call at 580.765.9660.