Damages you may be entitled to in a slip and fall claim compensate you for losses you suffer now and in the years to come.
Slips and falls that occur in public places can leave you suffering serious injuries. While often referred to as ‘accidents,’ they are generally caused by the reckless and negligent actions of property owners. In this situation, you are entitled to compensation for the losses you suffer. Referred to as damages in a personal injury claim, these are meant to cover the losses your injuries result in, both now and in the years to come.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Your Rights in Filing a Slip and Fall Claim
As one of the most common causes of personal injuries, the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) reports that slip and fall accidents cause more than eight million people to visit hospital emergency rooms each year. Even a minor slip and fall can leave you suffering serious injuries. These may include:
- Muscle or tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones or dislocated joints;
- Back and neck injuries, such as damage to vertebrae or herniated discs;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
Slip and fall accident injuries can have major impacts on your health and well-being. They can jeopardize your ability to make a living and prevent you from engaging in daily activities or your favorite hobbies for years into the future. While the property owner may have an insurance policy in place to help cover some of your costs, you may be entitled to additional amounts through a personal injury lawsuit.
Damages Available in a Slip and Fall Claim
A personal injury lawsuit filed through the Tulsa County Court can help ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover from your slip and fall accident injuries. ‘Damages’ refer to the types of compensation available through the courts. Depending on the situation, this may include:
- Economic damages: These cover the actual costs that result from your slip and fall accident. It covers medical expenses and lost wages you suffer now, as well as the cost of any ongoing care you are likely to require and any future losses in earnings you may suffer due to lingering disabilities.
- Non-economic damages: These cover intangible costs associated with your accident and your injuries. Non-economic damages compensate you for the pain and suffering you endure, as well as any loss of enjoyment in life you experience in the event your injuries prevent you from engaging in your favorite activities.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount which may be ordered by a judge in personal injury cases. It is meant to punish the at-fault party for actions that were particularly willful and negligent.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Request a Consultation with Our Tulsa Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Today
At BDIW Law, our goal is to get you the maximum amount you are entitled to for slip and fall injuries. Contact our Tulsa slip and fall accident attorneys today to request a consultation.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY