Tulsa Delivery Truck Accidents Lawyer
Victims of Tulsa, OK delivery truck accidents may qualify for compensation.
Americans have become increasingly reliant on delivery services for online shopping, their favorite restaurant dishes, and other shipping and distribution needs. Demand for truck-based transportation has led to massive financial success for companies like FedEx, UPS, and DHL, while Amazon’s logistics group has grown exponentially to support the online marketplace. Unfortunately, this expansion has also had an impact on the frequency of delivery truck accidents. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the top carriers combined were responsible for almost 3,500 recent delivery truck crashes that caused hundreds of fatalities and thousands of injuries to victims.
It may come as a relief to know that Oklahoma laws protect your rights if you were involved in a collision with a freight truck, box truck, Sprinter van, or other commercial delivery vehicle. You may qualify to recover compensation for your losses, and our team at Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker is ready to pursue your legal remedies. Please contact our office to set up a free consultation with a Tulsa, OK delivery truck accidents lawyer, and read on for a summary of your rights.
Factors and Causes Behind Delivery Truck Collisions
Commercial vehicles are unique in terms of their design and how companies employ them for purposes of delivery. Note the following points that cause and/or contribute to these crashes:
- Delivery trucks tend to be high-sided and wide, so they are more difficult to operate.
- Many vehicles that are not the typical tractor-trailer configuration are NOT subject to FMCSA licensing and regulations. As a result, operators may not have the training or experience necessary to drive them safely.
- Cargo in delivery trucks is intended for quick loading and off-loading by the driver. Shifting and unsecured packages can lead to loss of control over the vehicle.
- Unlike large commercial vehicles, delivery trucks are more likely to operate in residential areas where the streets are narrower and more difficult to navigate.
Steps in the Legal Process
Your remedies as the victim of a delivery truck collision are similar to other traffic incidents; however, the critical difference is that you are up against FedEx, UPS, Amazon, or another multinational corporation with a large legal department and budget for defending these claims. It is essential to retain a Tulsa, OK delivery truck accidents lawyer to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Our team at Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker is dedicated to ensuring you obtain monetary damages for:
- Costs for medical treatment;
- Lost wages, if you were unable to work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Losses that impact your quality of life and relationships with loved ones; and,
- Many more.
Discuss Legal Options With a Tulsa, OK, Delivery Truck Accidents Attorney
For more information on your remedies and compensation for victims, please contact Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker right away. You can call 580-789-4936 or visit us online to schedule a complimentary case review with an Oklahoma delivery truck accidents lawyer. After assessing your circumstances, we can advise you on next steps.