When a semi-truck accident happens, actions you take in the aftermath could impact your rights in filing a claim.
Local drivers are used to encountering semi-trucks in traffic, but few are aware of the risks they pose. Semi-truck accidents in Tulsa are common and often leave the motorists involved with serious personal injuries. Your actions in the aftermath can impact on your rights in filing a claim. The following are important steps to take that increase your chances of getting the compensation you need to recover.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
What to Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Tulsa
According to the latest statistics from the Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO), more than 600 truck accidents happen in our area each year. This ranks us second highest in the state when it comes to risks. Truck rollovers, side-swipe accidents, jackknife accidents, and t-bone crashes are all common causes.
Considering the massive size of semi-trucks, it is generally other drivers who suffer the most serious injuries. If you are involved in a semi-truck accident in Tulsa, take these steps in the aftermath:
- Notify law enforcement immediately so that an accident report can be filed;
- Get the name of the truck driver, the company they work for, their contact information, and their driver’s license, vehicle registration, and insurance numbers;
- Make note of exactly when and where it happened and contact information for witnesses at the scene;
- Take pictures of the accident site, your vehicle, and your injuries if possible;
- Seek medical attention right away, regardless of the severity of your injuries and any symptoms you suffer;
- Follow all of your doctor’s instructions regarding follow-up care and work or activity restrictions;
- Notify your insurers within several days of your accident;
- Contact our Tulsa semi-truck accident attorney before making any statements to the truck company or accepting any settlements.
Get the Compensation You Need to Recover After a Semi-Truck Accident in Tulsa
Trucking companies have teams of attorneys working on their behalf, helping them avoid liability when semi-truck accidents in Tulsa happen. To protect your rights in filing a claim, get our legal team working on your side. Actions we can take on your behalf include:
- Thoroughly investigating your truck accident to determine the underlying causes;
- Gathering medical records, wage statements, and other important documents to determine the amount of losses you are likely to suffer both now and in the years to come;
- Negotiating with insurance representatives for the truck driver and the trucking company with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement;
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf through the Tulsa County Civil Court if your injuries are severe or a reasonable settlement cannot be reached.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Get Our Tulsa Truck Accident Attorneys on Your Side
You have only one chance to get the compensation you need to recover from semi-truck accident injuries. At BDIW Law, our goal is to get you the maximum amount you deserve. To request a consultation, call 918-728-6500 or contact our Tulsa truck accident attorneys online today.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY