An 18-wheeler is one of the largest trucks on the road today, and the number of them is growing. With so many on the roadway, the number of accidents is also increasing. Our Tulsa 18-wheeler lawyer works closely with many people who have lost so much due to the negligence of drivers and trucking companies. Let us help you.
At BDIW Law, a highly experienced 18-wheeler attorney in Tulsa can help you navigate this very difficult process of securing financial compensation for your losses. We have the experience and the dedication to pursue compensation for our clients. Get a free case consultation now to learn how a Tulsa truck accident attorney can help you.
The Risks of a Large Truck Accident in OK Are Scary
Data from 2021 shows that large truck crashes in the state led to 112 deaths and 1,8761 injuries. That spans a total of 5,575 large truck crashes in the state, according to data from Oklahoma Public Safety. Considering just how common these accidents are, it is clear that there are risks to any driver who has to share the roadway with these trucks.
More so, Tulsa is working to expand its ability to meet demands for such large trucks. As more manufacturing and distribution companies move into the area, you can expect to see more trucks on our roads. The more present, the higher the risk for injuries.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Why 18-Wheeler Accidents Are so Dangerous
Many times, any type of truck accident will be dangerous and lead to numerous injuries and the loss of life. With 18-wheelers, the risks are even higher because these trucks are so large. They can be involved in accidents that lead to rollovers, collisions with other vehicles, and jackknifing.
These trucks take longer to stop when conditions are bad or when other drivers move in front of them. More so, these trucks have a lot of weight behind them, which means the impact in a car accident is intense. Consider some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Oklahoma involving 18-wheelers.
- Distracted driving: A truck driver who is not paying attention to the roadway is more likely to cause an accident than those who do not. Distracted driving could involve talking or texting on a phone, using a GPS unit, eating, or other risks.
- Poor cargo loading: If a truck is not loaded properly, it is at a higher risk of toppling over or being difficult to control by the driver.
- Fatigue: Though there are numerous laws in place to minimize risks to drivers related to driving tired, this is still an ongoing concern. Drivers who are overworked or do not sleep well are less likely to be able to react to changing road conditions quickly.
- Truck malfunction: In some cases, tires, engines, transmissions, or other components of the vehicle may fail, leading to the accident. This may be due to poor maintenance or inferior design.
- Reckless driving: Though truck drivers have ample training most often, that does not mean they are safe drivers. Speeding, illegal turns, and passing too close are all indications of reckless driving that puts lives at risk.
- Unqualified or poorly trained drivers: The increase in demand for truck drivers has also led to more inexperienced people on the roadways. That inexperience can be risky.
What happened in your situation? As an 18-wheeler lawyer in Tulsa, we have seen a wide range of accidents occurring due to no fault of the driver. We are here to help you know what to do next.
Should You Negotiate with the Insurance Company After an Accident
After an accident, focus on getting the medical care you need, including ongoing rehabilitation and support. Then, work with our legal team to pursue the insurance company responsible for paying your losses. We do not encourage you to pursue the process on your own or to discuss your case with the insurance company without legal representation.
Attorneys and insurance adjusters for trucking companies have a unique ability to reduce claims paid. Let our attorney help you negotiate with the insurance provider. We can help you with:
- Determining who is responsible for the incident, such as the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer, or others
- Work to determine what your losses are from the accident, calculating current and future losses you may incur
- Pursue a settlement with the insurance company that is fair and comprehensive – and one that helps you rebuild your future
- Negotiate for you every step of the way or, if necessary, go to court for you
- Provide you with confidence and compassion as we work aggressively to protect your rights and build your financial future
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Losses You Can Suffer in an 18-Wheeler Accident
There is a lot on the line after such an accident. You may have:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing-medical care needs
- Loss of time at work
- Loss of ability to work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
You Need An Attorney Who Has The Experience And Skill To Help You.Call (866) 800 9660
Medical Issues Stemming from an 18-Wheeler Accident
You may have numerous health issues, too, including:
Many people struggle after such accidents physically and emotionally. You deserve better, and our legal team in Tulsa will work to make sure you get anything possible that you are owed. Talk to a Tulsa 18-wheeler attorney today.
Start with a Free Case Evaluation with Our Tulsa Truck Attorney
There are a lot of things to think about right now. We know because we have helped many people to pursue compensation owed to them for some of the most significant losses. Let us help you by providing a free case evaluation. There is nothing to pay for our evaluation. And, if you decide to work with us and we do not help you get compensation, you owe us nothing.
Our Tulsa 18-wheeler attorney is ready to discuss your case with you at a free consultation. Take the time right now to give us a call if you have been the victim of a tragic event like this. Let our highly skilled attorneys who have experience securing compensation that allows people to rebuild their lives – help you.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY