Uber/Lyft ridesharing services have become another transportation option for Oklahoma residents. But it can be more challenging to determine who is responsible for damages if you are injured in a rideshare accident. Many companies understand this confusion discourages victims from taking further legal action.
BDIW Law thrives and succeeds against large corporations such as Uber/Lyft ridesharing platforms. Working with a knowledgeable Oklahoma car accident lawyer removes the guesswork, leading you through the claims process and providing the care and compensation you deserve. The compassionate Oklahoma Uber/Lyft ridesharing accident attorneys with BDIW Law take pride in representing the needs of Oklahomans.
How Uber/Lyft Accidents Differ from Other Accidents
Receiving compensation for injuries suffered in a car accident requires a victim to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company, and this process is often straightforward if the accident only involves another individual. But when an accident involves a rideshare company’s driver, whose insurance is responsible? The responsibility will all depend on the driver’s status at the time of the accident.
- On-Duty Driver: Drivers logged in to their rideshare app accepting passengers are considered to be on duty. Uber/Lyft rideshare platforms have insurance policies that cover accidents during this timeframe.
- Off-Duty Driver: Drivers not logged into the rideshare app and not accepting ride requests are off-duty. An accident at this time is either covered by the driver’s personal insurance policy or by the at-fault driver’s insurance.
- On-Duty and has accepted a request: Once a driver has accepted a ride through the rideshare platform, the Uber/Lyft insurance policies become active.
- On-Duty and Transporting: Passengers being transported by an Uber/Lyft rideshare driver should be covered by the rideshare company’s insurance policy until they reach their destination.
Determining these factors is complex and requires the experience of dedicated Uber/Lyft ridesharing accident lawyers in Oklahoma to weed through the insurance maze.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Challenges in Oklahoma Uber/Lyft Ridesharing Accidents
After determining whose insurance should cover their injuries, one of the most frustrating challenges for injured victims is understanding what to do if an Uber/Lyft platform driver fails to log in to the app activating their status as on-duty. These actions can happen because the driver forgot to log in or because the driver chose to transport riders improperly.
Additionally, Uber/Lyft platform services have made a concerted effort to classify drivers as independent contractors, distancing themselves from responsibility for the actions of their drivers. Large corporations are ready to fight your claim with influential attorneys. Our Uber/Lyft ridesharing accident attorneys in Oklahoma have the ability, patience, and skill to solve these common challenges.
Reasons You Need an Oklahoma Uber/Lyft Ridesharing Attorney
The attorneys representing the large ridesharing platform companies never intimidate BDIW Law. Our firm’s Oklahoma motor vehicle accident lawyers will only fight harder for you. Some of the services we are ready to provide for you include:
- Investigating your accident to determine who is responsible
- Compile documentation such as medical records and witness testimony to prove the cause of your injuries
- Subpoena cell phone records of drivers and personal or private video footage, if necessary, to find evidence of negligence
- Communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf so you never feel pressured to make statements that could be held against you
- Build your case if a trial is necessary
- Take on the legal responsibility so that you focus on recovery
- Ensure all deadlines are met so that you file within the time limit for a car accident claim in Oklahoma
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Compensation in an Oklahoma Uber/Lyft Ridesharing Accident
Your compensation will depend on the extent of your damages. While some injuries heal quickly, others may require weeks or months of treatment. When devastating losses occur, an Oklahoma wrongful death attorney will care for your best interests while allowing you time to grieve.
Economic damages are easier to define because they have a specific monetary value. Some of these damages include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Transportation to appointments
- Funeral and burial expenses in a catastrophic accident
Non-economic damages present complex challenges, requiring Uber/Lyft ridesharing accident attorneys in Oklahoma to place a dollar amount on these losses. BDIW Law works compassionately to understand your pain and suffering.
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
When an Uber/Lyft Ridesharing driver is grossly negligent in their actions, our Oklahoma Uber/Lyft ridesharing accident lawyers will seek punitive damages, which serve as a punishment for the actions of the at-fault driver.
You Need An Attorney Who Has The Experience And Skill To Help You.Call (866) 800 9660
Reporting an Uber/Lyft Ridesharing Accident
Reporting your accident to the ridesharing platform can be done through their app. But the report you make and any statements you submit can be used to discredit your claim, costing you compensation. BDIW Law can offer you guidance, ensuring your claim is secure.
An insurance broker’s role is to reduce the amount of compensation paid to injured victims, so having an Oklahoma Uber/Lyft ridesharing accident attorney representing you is the safest way to approach reporting procedures.
Time Frame for Settling an Uber/Lyft Ridesharing Claim
Injured victims are often discouraged because of the amount of time that must be poured into an accident claim. Stalling tactics often overwhelm a victim, which only benefits the insurance company. Working with a respected, aggressive Oklahoma car accident attorney is one way to make insurance companies take notice and understand that your claim will not simply disappear if they stall long enough.
There is no specific time frame for how long it can take to settle a claim. If you have to file a lawsuit, this will lengthen the time. But the statute of limitations for filing a claim in an automobile accident is defined by Oklahoma law, and failing to file within that period means your claim cannot be carried to court if necessary.
Get Answers in an Oklahoma Uber/Lyft Ridesharing Accident
Everyone has questions after being involved in an automobile accident. But accidents involving rideshare platforms like Uber/Lyft can present challenging circumstances to injured victims. Let BDIW Law answer your questions and take on compensation challenges while you focus on returning to life.
Working with our Oklahoma Uber/Lyft ridesharing accident attorneys team ensures you never pay for our services until we secure compensation for you. We provide the convenience of contacting us at any time that is beneficial for you. Let us begin recovering your compensation today.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY