If you or a loved one have been injured in a rollover accident in Oklahoma City, you are likely feeling overwhelmed and confused about how to handle the situation. The injuries sustained in a rollover crash are typically the most severe and often end fatally.
No matter the severity of your injuries, an experienced Oklahoma City rollover accident lawyer at BDIW Law can be your ally through this difficult process and help you understand your legal rights. Contact our personal injury firm today to discuss your options for receiving compensation after a rollover accident.
What to Do After a Rollover Accident in Oklahoma City
After a rollover crash, you should call 911 if able to do so. If not, wait for help to arrive. If you are able to move, you should remove yourself from the vehicle along with any passengers, if able to safely do so, and get to a location out of traffic and harm’s way.
After being seen by medical personnel, you should take photos of the accident scene, including damage to any vehicles involved in the crash, pictures of your injuries, any road signs or lights near where the crash occurred, and road or weather conditions if they played a role in the car crash. You will also want to collect personal information from those involved in the rollover accident, including names, phone numbers, license plates, driver’s licenses, and insurance information.
This includes any eyewitnesses at the scene. If you can record the testimony from eyewitnesses on your phone, that information will help your attorney to prove who was at fault for the accident. Be sure to follow up with your physician for any injuries you sustained in the rollover accident and hire a personal injury advocate to begin working on your case.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Compensation in Oklahoma City Rollover Accidents
After a rollover accident, victims are injured and at their most vulnerable, yet are still expected to get medical treatment at the hospital, go to the doctors for follow-up treatment, have their car repaired, and gather important documents for the insurance company.
Throughout all this, you are likely missing work due to your injuries, in pain while you recover, and still having to handle the insurance company who is calling for interviews and asking questions that could possibly place you at fault for the accident. They may even be offering you what seems like reasonable cash settlements. Thankfully with the help of an experienced rollover accident attorney in Oklahoma City, OK at BDIW Law, you can learn which damages you can seek compensation for.
There are three types of damages car crash victims can seek in Oklahoma: Economic, Non-Economic, and Punitive.
These damages are the financial losses you paid out for expenses due to your injury or finances lost due to your injury.
- Loss of income- If you have missed work due to your injuries and recovery, you are able to seek full compensation for the loss of your income.
- Medical expenses- You are entitled to compensation for all medical expenses related to your injury. This can include: doctor visit bills, rehabilitation treatment, prescription medication, lab tests, MRIs, x-rays, surgery, prosthetics, hospitalization, home health care, counseling, and emergency treatment.
- Out-of-pocket expenses- You are able to receive compensation for miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses, such as wheelchairs and assistive devices, over-the-counter medications, and transportation costs for you to get to and from doctors’ appointments or rehabilitation treatments.
Non-economic damages or damages that do not have a set dollar value. Your attorney will help you gather the required documents to prove the following non-economic damages:
- Emotional distress- Otherwise known as mental suffering, emotional distress can be complicated. Some of the symptoms of emotional distress could include uncontrollable crying, weight loss or gain, chronic headaches, fatigue, flashbacks, insomnia, nightmares, shame, anxiety, or depression.
- Pain and suffering- After a rollover accident, you are likely to suffer chronic physical discomfort. Your attorney can help prove your pain and suffering through your medical records as well as testimony from yourself and close friends and family.
- Loss of enjoyment of life- You may no longer be able to enjoy previous activities or hobbies that you did prior to your rollover accident. If you sustained injuries that physically prevent you from participating or emotional injuries causing you anxiety or stress, your attorney can help prove that you no longer enjoy the same quality of life you used to.
- Loss of consortium- These damages are typically sought out by a spouse or family member because they have been deprived of the following benefits with you: affection, fellowship, association, sexual relations, or fertility. These losses must have been the result of another party’s negligent or wrongful actions.
Oklahoma City law allows for punitive damages to be awarded to victims of car accidents. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish the defendant for their neglectful and purposeful actions, with the hopes of preventing that action from occurring again in the defendant’s future. Punitive damages are not financial compensation for the victim who was injured.
Rollover Accident Causes Common in Oklahoma City
Rollover accidents can happen for similar reasons as regular car accidents, as well as other causes. Some of the potential reasons a rollover accident may occur could include the following:
- Multi-car crashes involving side impact that could cause a car to roll
- Making a high-risk or dangerous maneuver, such as passing a vehicle while in a no-passing zone, could cause a potential head-on collision with oncoming vehicles.
- Driving while drowsy or falling asleep while at the wheel
- Distracted driving, such as texting or making phone calls
- Driving while intoxicated or using illegal or legal drugs
- Failing to take a curve appropriately
- High-speed driving
- Losing control of your vehicle
- Dangerous roadways
- High volumes of traffic
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
A Rollover Accident Lawyer in Oklahoma City, OK BDIW Law Can Help
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries due to a rollover crash, you need the help of a diligent and skilled Oklahoma City rollover accident attorney. You deserve to have legal representation experienced in car accidents to ensure you get the maximum compensation for your damages. To schedule a free consultation, contact BDIW Law by phone or through our online contact form.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY