When driving down roads and highways throughout Stillwater, it is common to encounter trucks of all sizes. Motorists are dwarfed by these massive machines, and when crashes occur, the injuries suffered may be severe.
At BDIW Law, we represent those who are injured in these crashes. With over 65 years of combined experience, an experienced Stillwater truck accident lawyer at our firm can help you hold truck drivers and the companies they work for accountable for the damages you suffer.
Get the Compensation You Need for Truck Accident Injuries
The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO) reports that truck accidents are a common occurrence throughout Oklahoma, with more than 70 occurring in Stillwater and throughout Payne County alone each year. Considering that large trucks such as tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers typically weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, other motorists often suffer the most severe injuries.
At BDIW Law, our Stillwater truck accident lawyers provide the professional legal representation you need when these crashes impact you or your loved ones. Common types of truck accident injuries suffered by clients we represent include:
- Severe soft tissue injuries, such as muscle or tendon sprains and tears
- Deep lacerations caused by broken glass and jagged metal;
- Burns due to leaking truck engine fluids
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to limbs and body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, resulting in fractured vertebrae and herniated discs
- Head injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries causing temporary and permanent paralysis
All of the above can result in permanent impairments, which prevent you from working while requiring ongoing care. Our truck accident lawyers in Stillwater help you hold those responsible accountable, so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Defending Your Truck Accident Claim
Numerous factors may have contributed to your truck accident, including adverse weather or heavy traffic conditions. However, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that the most common cause is negligent behavior by the truck driver or the trucking company involved.
As experienced Stillwater truck accident lawyers, BDIW Law can defend your rights to compensation in a claim based on the following:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, tailgating, or driving under the influence
- Inexperienced drivers who companies fail to train
- Poorly maintained truck fleets
- Overweight and improperly loaded cargo
- Practices on behalf of the trucking company, such as enforcing tight schedules or not providing breaks, making accidents more likely to occur
Compensating Stillwater Truck Accident Victims
After being involved in a commercial truck accident, you can be repaid for every loss. Your truck accident attorney in Stillwater, OK, will need to carefully scrutinize the various ways your life has been affected by your injuries and the truck wreck. That way, you can recover maximum compensation for your suffering.
Non-economic damages do not have a set monetary value. Their worth can vary on a case-by-case basis which can make them more challenging to quantify. However, since they substantially impact victims’ lives, it is crucial to ensure they are taken into consideration accordingly.
Some examples of non-economic damages that may be recovered include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Loss of protection, love, advice, and companionship
- Loss of an intimate spousal relationship
- Feelings of embarrassment, shame, or fear
- Feelings of shock, anticipation, or indignity
- Damage to your reputation
- Reduced quality of life
You also have the right to be repaid for economic damages which have set monetary values. These are easier to quantify since they can be proven with documentation such as financial records, bank statements, receipts, and quotes. Some examples could include:
- Costs of repairing your damaged vehicle
- Costs of purchasing a new vehicle
- The diminished value of your vehicle
- Costs of a rental car
- Loss of income and employee benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Healthcare costs and future medical expenses
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Let a Stillwater Truck Accident Attorney Assist You
Truck drivers and the companies they represent have teams of attorneys on their side to defend them against claims. You need an experienced, aggressive Stillwater truck accident lawyer working on your behalf to help you get the amount you need to recover. To protect yourself, contact BDIW Law today and request a consultation.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY