BDIW Law is proud to offer its Car Accidents and Legal Procedure Scholarship, worth $2,500, to incoming and current college students. This scholarship requires students to think critically about how insurance providers and related parties within their states assign liability after a car accident.
BDIW Law hopes that, in encouraging students to engage with their state’s civic statutes, students will develop a more comprehensive understanding of the role negligence can play in roadway accidents. In turn, the firm hopes that this scholarship will encourage students’ critical thoughts about the law as well as their increased diligence on the road.
The deadline for Car Accidents and Legal Procedure Scholarship applications is October 15, 2023. BDIW Law looks forward to reading students’ scholarships and helping the lucky winner achieve their academic goals.
Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to apply for the Car Accident and Legal Procedure Scholarship, provided they meet the scholarship’s criteria. This criterion includes:
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You are enrolled in or accepted at an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- You agree to the scholarship terms and conditions
- Submit the necessary application materials
- A 500-word essay on How is Liability Determined in a Car Accident
How Do I Apply?
Before applying for the Car Accidents and Legal Procedure Scholarship, students should review the scholarship’s eligibility requirements. Students can then base their essays on those requirements for the greatest chance of success.
Upon completing an essay, students should:
- Fill out the application form on this page
- Upload a copy of your unofficial transcript
- Upload a copy of your scholarship essay
- Submit proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college/ university/ graduate school (Student ID; Letter of acceptance, etc.)
Scholarship Essay Topic
How is liability determined in a car accident?
Students must submit applications for the Car Accident and Legal Procedure Scholarship by October 15, 2023. The firm will not accept scholarship applications submitted after this deadline.
BDIW Law will review all submissions for the scholarship and inform the winner of its decision within one to three months of the submission deadline, depending on how many applications the firm receives.
For legal reasons, BDIW Law is unable to answer calls, emails, or other communications with questions about the scholarship, save for those discussed here. All of the information students need to submit a successful scholarship application can be found on this page and on other pages discussing the Car Accidents and Legal Procedure Scholarship.
If BDIW Law requires more information to process a student’s scholarship, a firm representative will contact the student in question.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university, or graduate school
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment
- Applicant must have residency in the United States
- Applicant must be in good academic standing
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment
- Applicant must author an original essay on the scholarship essay topic provided.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of BDIW Law
- Past recipients of the Car Accident and Legal Procedure Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of BDIW Law if he/she were to be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
BDIW Law will not consider incomplete scholarship applications or applications submitted after the aforementioned deadline. After the filing deadline has passed, the firm’s scholarship selection committee will evaluate the available applications.
Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
Do not contact BDIW Law with questions about this application or about the status of a student’s essay. The firm does not notify non-winners about the status of their applications.
Only the winner of the Car Accidents and Legal Procedure Scholarship will receive a word from BDIW Law. The firm will then make an announcement identifying the scholarship winner on its blog. BDIW Law also reserves the right to announce the scholarship winner via press release.
When awarding funds for the Car Accidents and Legal Procedure Scholarship, BDIW Law will communicate directly with the winning student’s college or university. The firm will request information for mailing an applicable check upon the announcement of a scholarship winner.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarships, on BDIW Law’s website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.
BDIW Law intends to debut its Car Accident and Legal Procedure Scholarship in 2023. Future winners will have their interviews, related blog posts, and press releases published here.