Workers' Compensation Process in Oklahoma
Notify Your Employer and Contact an Attorney Immediately
When you have been injured at work, contacting a lawyer and reporting your injury as soon as possible are the two most important steps you can take. At Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, our attorneys will walk you through these and all other steps in the workers' compensation process.
Contact us to schedule an initial consultation with an attorney who will fight for your interests throughout the workers' compensation process in Oklahoma and help you recover the benefits you are entitled to from your employer.
Ponca City Work Accident Lawyers at the Boettcher Law Office
Generally, the workers' compensation process follows the outline below:
- You must report your on-the-job injury to your employer in a timely manner. We can help make sure that you give proper notification before time runs out.
- Your employer may request an injury report.
- You will go to the doctor's office. While receiving medical care, you must be upfront with the staff that you are seeking care for a work-related injury under workers' compensation.
- In an ideal situation, at this point the employer will pay workers' compensation benefits, and you can start on the path to recovery.
- If, however, the employer disputes your claim or the adjuster denies your claim, a trial may be necessary.
- We compile your medical records, get the opinion of medical experts and prepare all other documents and exhibits needed for trial.
- If the employer does not offer a reasonable settlement, we go to court and stand up for your rights under the workers' compensation laws.
To make sure that the workers' compensation process goes as smoothly as possible for you, it is vital to contact an attorney immediately after you are injured and to inform your employer of your injury.
Contact the Firm
For a free initial consultation at which you will discuss the workers' compensation process in Oklahoma with an attorney, contact Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, at 580-765-9660 or fill out our online contact form. We have flexible appointment availability to accommodate our clients' scheduling needs, and we promptly respond to all messages. Our fees are paid through the settlements or verdicts we obtain for clients, so you do not pay us anything unless we are successful in obtaining a recovery in your case.