You are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if you are injured at work. These benefits are designed to help you cover the costs of your injuries, including but not limited to medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation, and disabilities.
While workers’ compensation benefits are a right for most workers, they are not always guaranteed. It is not uncommon for a workers’ compensation insurance company to deny a claim for several reasons, such as inaccurate or incomplete information, pre-existing conditions, or even fraud.
If your Oklahoma workers’ comp claim was denied, you are not without options. You can appeal your denial notice and reverse the decision with the right legal assistance. At BDIW Law, our Oklahoma workers’ compensation attorneys are prepared to help you fight the denial and obtain the compensation you need to recover in financial comfort. Contact our firm today to discuss your options with a denied workers’ comp benefits attorney.
Reasons Why Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Was Denied
A workers’ compensation claim may be denied for many reasons. Some of the most common include:
- You have not shown that the injury occurred at work or while working.
- The employer was not notified of the injury soon enough – within the required allotment of time.
- You were intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs when the incident occurred.
- The denial does not provide any or enough information about the medical treatment you received, or an approved medical provider did not review your injury.
- The workers’ compensation claim is being blamed on a preexisting condition.
- The employer has denied or disputes your claim for some reason.
- There’s missing or inaccurate information provided on the workers’ compensation claim.
Even if you know that this information is absolutely incorrect, your claim could be denied. A denial doesn’t mean that you cannot receive compensation, but it is an extra reason to seek out the support of a workers’ compensation attorney to go after the losses you’ve incurred. Don’t wait to do so.
Here is the simple process to complete to appeal a workers’ compensation denial (but your denied workers’ comp benefits attorney in Oklahoma can help you handle the entire situation).
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Appealing a Workers’ Compensation Denial: A Simple Four-Step Process
If you received a denial notice for your injury claim, it is understandable that you are left feeling discouraged, helpless, and even a bit angry. While these feelings are completely normal, they will not help you recover what is rightfully yours. Once you have vented your frustrations, take a deep breath and do the following four things:
- Read through your denial letter: It is not uncommon for insurers to deny claims due to preexisting conditions, failure to adhere to proper protocol for reporting the injury, incomplete or inaccurate information, or even fraudulent information. If the denial letter does not provide a specific reason for why your claim was not approved, the insurance company may be held liable for insurance bad faith.
- Review your claim paperwork: Often, a mistake with a claim lies with the doctor or even the employer. Read through the claim paperwork to see if maybe your doctor failed to fully document your injury or if your employer failed to fulfill their responsibilities in regard to reporting.
- Check for administrative mistakes: The Oklahoma workers’ compensation system is often bogged down with claims. If your claim was denied, it may be because of a simple oversight on the department’s behalf.
- Retain the help of an experienced lawyer: Even if you discover the error on your own, it would be in your best interests to retain the help of an experienced Oklahoma denied workers’ comp benefits attorney. The right lawyer can defend your rights and fight to obtain the best outcome possible.
A workers’ compensation claim denial is almost never set in stone. If your claim was denied, take it with a grain of salt and reach out to a denied workers’ comp benefits lawyer for advice and guidance on how to proceed.
Contact Our Oklahoma Denied Workers’ Comp Benefits Lawyers Today
If you were injured in a work-related accident, and if your workers’ compensation claim was denied, you need aggressive and skilled legal representation. Contact BDIW Law to speak with an experienced denied workers’ comp benefits lawyer in Oklahoma regarding your case today.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY