Stillwater SSD Attorneys
We are prepared to defend your rights throughout the entire SSD process.
According to the stats, 64% of social security disability applications are denied. Though approval rates vary from state to state, it is safe to assume that unless your application is otherwise flawless, you too will be denied the benefits you need and deserve. The Stillwater SSD attorneys at Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, help hardworking individuals throughout Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri who are unable to work because of an injury or illness navigate the complex regulations shrouding the application process. Whether you have already been denied benefits or want to ensure success the first time around, our team is prepared to help you fill out the correct forms, correct any mistakes on your initial application, appeal board decisions, and more. To get on the path to recovery today, contact our Stillwater attorneys today.
Steps to Obtaining SSD Benefits
The social security disability application process is needlessly complex and dictated by stringent government rules and regulations. If one aspect of your form is incorrect, or one part of your story amiss, your claim is sure to be denied. Because you are unable to work, every passing day matters, and the sooner you can obtain your benefits, the better; you do not have time for a denial. Our Stillwater SSD lawyers at Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker are prepared to help throughout the entire process and ensure that your situation fits squarely within government regulations. Some of the steps we take to do this include the following:
● Help you complete the SSD forms over the phone, online, or in person with the Social Security Administration.
● Assist you in filling out a function report, which is an important document that requests details about your activities and daily living. This form is often filled out incorrectly, so it is imperative that you have an experienced attorney assist with this process if you hope to maximize your benefits.
● Help you gather the medical evidence need to supplement your function report.
● Await the administration's decision.
● If the SSA denies your benefits, we will continue to support you throughout the appeals process by building a strong case in your favor. We will then attend the hearing with you and argue your SSD case before a judge.
Understanding the Appeals Process
If the SSA denies you your benefits, you have the right to appeal the decision and fight for the benefits you need and deserve. However, you have limited time to file an appeal. You must file within 60 days of the date of the denial letter, otherwise your case will be dismissed. Moreover, you can only file an appeal for a medical denial, meaning that the SSA does not believe that your medical condition is severe enough to warrant benefits. You can file the form in person at your local Social Security office or by U.S. mail. Again, our Stillwater SSD lawyers will help you fill out the proper forms, gather the necessary evidence, and stand by your side throughout your hearing.
Professional Representation Throughout the Entire SSD Process
If you are unable to work because of an injury or illness, your only opportunity at a comfortable life and recovery may lie with Social Security Disability benefits. A skilled lawyer can help you navigate the complex process and work toward the best possible outcome. Call our Stillwater SSD attorneys at 580-789-4936 to schedule your initial consultation today.