When you are sick or injured, you rely on professional healthcare practitioners to provide you with adequate and precise care. It is reasonable to expect your medical professionals to accurately diagnose you and deliver the best care possible. When they fail to provide correct or proper treatment, you may need the help of an Oklahoma medical malpractice lawyer.
If your medical provider has acted in a negligent manner and has caused you additional or worse injuries than you originally had, you may be entitled to compensation for their carelessness. If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, an Oklahoma personal injury attorney at BDIW Law can investigate your claim and determine what legal options you have. We can help you obtain financial damages for your injuries and other losses.
Medical Malpractice in Oklahoma
Medical providers include individuals and facilities, such as doctors, nurses, therapists, hospitals, and pharmacies, that provide medical services to patients. In Oklahoma, each of these parties is required to obtain a license from the Oklahoma Medical Board to practice. To receive a medical license in the state, healthcare providers must meet specific educational requirements, pass certain exams, and receive credit hours in continuing education courses.
Healthcare professionals in Oklahoma must practice under a strict standard of care that requires using a level of skill in treating their patients that any other reasonable healthcare provider would in the same situation. Failure to meet this standard of care can constitute medical malpractice. The consequences for violations of the standard of care for medical providers can include fines, license suspension or revocation, additional continuing education classes, and medical malpractice lawsuits.
If you have not been properly diagnosed or treated by a healthcare provider, your situation should be investigated by a medical malpractice attorney in Oklahoma. We can review your medical records and other pertinent evidence and determine whether you have been injured as a result of medical malpractice. If you have, we can work to get you maximum compensation for the damages you have suffered at the hands of your healthcare practitioner.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Oklahoma Medical Malpractice Examples
According to the Civil Justice Resource Group (CJRG), there are up to 120,000 deaths each year caused by medical negligence. This malpractice can occur in many ways. Common examples of medical malpractice in Oklahoma include the following:
- Incorrect diagnosis of a medical condition
- Incorrect or untimely treatment of a medical condition
- Failure to diagnose or treat a medical condition
- Errors in administering or prescribing medications
- Botched surgery
- Birth injuries
- Failure to obtain a patient’s informed consent prior to treatment
If your medical provider has committed any of these medical errors, you may be suffering physical and financial consequences. If this is the case, you could be eligible to file a medical malpractice claim. An Oklahoma medical malpractice attorney can review your potential claim and determine whether you can file a lawsuit for monetary compensation.
Medical Malpractice Errors in Oklahoma
There are many errors medical professionals can make that will cause harm to their patients. Some of these errors constitute medical malpractice for which you can file a legal claim. Medical errors can generally be categorized as follows:
- Errors of commission: These errors occur when a healthcare provider performs procedures incorrectly. Examples of errors of commission include failure to diagnose a medical condition, administering medication improperly, and surgical errors.
- Errors of omission: These errors happen when a medical professional takes actions that should not be taken. Examples of errors of omission include failure to thoroughly evaluate a patient, failure to review a patient’s medical history, and failure to order necessary lab work or testing.
- Errors of communication: These errors are made when a medical provider fails to advise an individual regarding a patient’s health status or treatment. Examples of errors in communication include making incomplete or inaccurate medical notes, failure to respond to a patient’s concerns, and failure to obtain sufficient informed consent.
- Errors of context: These errors occur when a healthcare professional does not consider the limitations of a patient. Examples of errors of context include failure to consider a patient’s transportation limitations, economic restrictions, and language barriers.
- Diagnostic errors: These errors happen when a medical professional incorrectly or untimely explains a patient’s medical condition. Examples of diagnostic errors include making an inaccurate diagnosis, missing a diagnosis, and failing to order a diagnostic test.
Any of these errors can cause severe injuries or even death. If you or a loved one have suffered an error at the hands of your medical practitioner, you may have a personal injury claim. It is recommended that you contact a medical malpractice lawyer in Oklahoma as soon as possible to discuss your potential remedies.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Proving Medical Malpractice in Oklahoma
To prevail in an Oklahoma medical malpractice claim, you must prove certain elements. These elements are used to establish negligence by a preponderance of the evidence. The four elements that must be demonstrated in your medical malpractice claim are:
- Duty of care: You must establish that you had a doctor-patient relationship wherein your healthcare provider owed you a duty of care to avoid causing your injuries.
- Breach of duty: You must show that your medical practitioner breached their duty of care by acting negligently.
- Proximate cause: You must demonstrate that your provider’s breach of the standard of care directly caused your injuries.
- Damages: You must prove that you suffered actual damages as a result of your healthcare practitioner’s breach of duty.
If you can establish all these elements, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses. An experienced personal injury lawyer at BDIW Law can collect the evidence needed to demonstrate these elements and prevail in your medical malpractice claim. We can then determine what damages you may be eligible to obtain as a result of your claim.
You Need An Attorney Who Has The Experience And Skill To Help You.Call (866) 257 7646
Get Help from an Oklahoma Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If your medical provider betrayed your trust and breached their standard of care, causing you harm, contact our skilled medical malpractice attorneys at BDIW Law today for a free consultation. We will investigate your claim of negligence, collect the pertinent evidence to support your claim, and work to get you maximum compensation for your damages. Let us help you get justice.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY