If you were to give vehicle crash statistics a quick read, it seems like there is a reasonable chance that everyone who travels on American roads will be in a car crash in their lifetimes. It is also more than reasonable to think that if you trace these accidents back to the causes, it will inevitably lead to someone’s negligence or misconduct.
That is where a skilled Oklahoma car accident lawyer can step in and act as an advocate for those who suffer at the hands of the negligent and the malicious. BDIW Law protects the rights of our clients as we take legal action against liable parties.
An experienced car accident attorney in Oklahoma can help navigate the treacherous waters of a car accident claim. BDIW Law is here to represent you and to recover compensation from whoever was responsible for your damages.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Oklahoma
A car crash is traumatic for everyone involved. And after the crash, a shocking realization awaits—what do you do to recover from this harrowing event? A knowledgeable car accident lawyer can help eliminate the cloud of confusion and explain the rights and responsibilities a car crash has to allow you to recover faster and with fewer headaches.
In the aftermath of a car crash, there is so much to be done. In order to build your case to collect compensation for the damages you suffered as a result of the collision, collecting evidence is crucial. Here is a quick checklist of five actions you should do with explanations to keep in mind if you are ever in need after an accident.
- Seek medical treatment immediately: Even if you do not feel an injury initially, you still need to seek medical attention. Adrenaline can deceive your body into not feeling an injury at first, so it is best to contact a doctor and discuss if latent brain injury, back injury, or other traumatic injuries are a possibility.
- Call 911: Police can collect statements from all the witnesses and record details at the scene of the accident. They can also block off the scene, which preserves evidence while ensuring the area’s safety.
- Take photos: As long as it is safe, use a cell phone to take photos or video at the accident scene. These photos may include:
- Property damage
- Road conditions
- Signs or signals
- Skid marks
- Record any other relevant information
- Gather evidence: Ask impartial witnesses to give you a statement on video. If you are lucky enough for the other driver to admit fault, ask that person if they can write a note admitting responsibility for the accident.
- Contact an attorney: In order to protect your rights and interest, contact and discuss the possibility of a claim with an experienced car accident attorney in Oklahoma before you give your statement to an insurance company.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
hat Not to Do After an Auto Accident in Oklahoma
Talking to a skilled car accident lawyer can help you deal with a mess of confusing and conflicting statements, but here are two things to avoid before you get into the weeds of the litigation process of the accident’s aftermath.
- Never admit fault: Until you are able to get legal representation and understand your rights fully, do not admit fault, and except for gathering evidence, limit talking to anyone involved in the crash, including:
- Other drivers
- Insurance adjusters
- Stay away from social media: Do not post anything on social media without first talking to your attorney. Photos and videos can be used against you, especially if the media shows you doing physical activity and your case involves injuries.
dditional Information to Be Gathered After an Accident
After attending to your medical well-being and making sure everyone else is alright, there are some essential pieces of information that need to be recorded if possible. Try not to get caught up in the moments following the crash, and instead, focus on collecting the following information:
- Get the responding police officers’ names and badge numbers while confirming that you can obtain their police report for the accident.
- Exchange contact information with any other drivers involved in the crash, making sure to record:
- The drivers’ names and contact information
- Their insurance company and policy numbers
- Their license plate number(s)
- Their driver’s license number(s)
- The make, model, and color of all the vehicles involved
- The exact location of the crash
After they have all this information and you allow them to fight for your rights, an experienced Oklahoma motor vehicle accident lawyer can review your case and do a more extensive investigation to find out whose negligence was responsible for the accident. Then, they can help you recover fair compensation for any damages you may have sustained in the crash. These damages may include:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering or other emotional or mental duress
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
ontact an Experienced Oklahoma Car Accident Attorney Today!
It does not matter what kind of vehicle accident you were in; history has taught us that some sort of negligence or misconduct played a role. Whether it was a multi-car pile-up or a fender bender, some driver likely engaged in some sort of negligent or malicious behavior that caused all this mess.
A car accident can dramatically change your life. Your health, your job, your financial status, and even your future can be impacted by an accident. An experienced car accident lawyer in Oklahoma can hold these drivers accountable for their behavior if they have the right information and evidence.
It is important to gather the correct information to relate to a skilled Oklahoma car accident attorney. This information can begin the journey to receive the compensation needed to recover from this dramatic event. The team at BDIW Law is here to schedule a free consultation.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY