As experienced Oklahoma workers’ compensation attorneys, we help construction workers get the benefits they are entitled to when brain injuries occur.
Construction sites are dangerous places. Hazardous materials and construction debris can put workers at risk, as can the massive equipment in operation and the variety of tasks they are required to perform. Brain injuries are a common concern and can have lasting impacts on every area of a worker’s life. As experienced Oklahoma workers’ compensation attorneys, we help construction workers get the benefits they are entitled to when these injuries happen. The following highlights the risks and the ways in which construction accidents resulting in brain injuries often occur.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Construction Workers and Brain Injuries
Construction work is one of the most dangerous occupations. Workers are more likely to suffer serious and potentially life-threatening injuries in the construction industry than they are in any other job field. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), of the close to 5,000 work related deaths that occur each year, more than 20% occur among construction workers.
Brain injuries are one of the most common and potentially serious types of injuries these workers can suffer from. They result from any type of bump, blow, or jolt to the head that interrupts the brain’s normal processes. Ways in which these injuries often occur include:
● Due to slips, trips, and falls, particularly when a job involving heights;
● As a result of being struck by or against objects while performing tasks;
● Due to falling objects or debris on the work site;
● As a result of accidents involving construction trucks and other vehicles.
The Impacts of Construction Worker Brain Injuries
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 25% of all construction accidents are likely to involve brain injuries. These cause serious impacts for thousands of workers each year while resulting in hundreds of deaths. Even a seemingly minor bump, blow, or jolt can have major impacts on the brain’s functions. Symptoms construction workers who suffer brain injuries are likely to experience include:
● Memory loss, such as forgetting the names of people or how to perform relatively simple tasks;
● Mental confusion and a feeling of being dizzy or off balance;
● Communication problems, which can make it difficult to talk to others or understand what is being said;
● Coordination problems, which can impact the ability to perform certain tasks;
● Emotional disturbances, which can create anxiety, depression, or fits of rage.
When these symptoms keep you from working on either a temporary or permanent basis, workers’ compensation can help to offset the medical expenses and lost wages you suffer.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Contact Our Ponca City, OK Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
If you or someone you love is dealing with the devastating consequences of a brain injury, BDIW Law is here to help. We aggressively defend the rights of injured construction workers, helping them get the benefits they deserve. Call or contact our Ponca City workers’ compensation attorneys.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY