Burn injuries can cause lasting physical and emotional pain. Seeking out the assistance of an experienced burning and scarring injury lawyer in Oklahoma City can help you seek financial compensation for your injuries. Let an injury lawyer offer a free consultation on your claim today.
The Most Common Types of Burn Injuries
The skin is an organ, and injured victims need to take any burn injury seriously. Severe burn injuries can cause temporary and permanent disability. It is possible for injured victims to be unable to perform their job duties after suffering burn injuries.
The following are the degrees of burn injuries and their identifiers:
- First-Degree Burns: Physical pain, redness, and purple marks are indicative of first-degree burns. Typically, first-degree burns heal within one to three weeks of the date of injury.
- Second-Degree Burns: Blisters, redness, and physical pain are indicative of a second-degree burn. It may take months for second-degree burns to heal completely.
- Third-Degree Burns: Third-degree burns often require surgeries such as skin grafts. Sometimes individuals who suffer third-degree burns may experience temporary or permanent nerve damage.
- Fourth-Degree Burns: Oftentimes, fourth-degree burns are so severe that the victim dies due to their injuries. However, if the victim survives, fourth-degree burns may cause permanent damage that cannot be treated by a physician.
Burning and scarring injuries may also cause extensive psychological damage to an individual. Some victims may lose their ability to participate in sports and other hobbies. Also, cosmetic damage to the face can cause injured victims to suffer depression and anxiety.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
The Most Typical Complications Related to Burning and Scarring Injuries
Burning and scarring injuries are capable of affecting every area of a person’s life. Some victims may not be able to return to their chosen profession after suffering a burn injury. Others may suffer a severe temporary or permanent disability that causes them to lose the ability to have a loving relationship with their spouse.
Burn Victims Often Experience Shame Regarding Their Injuries
Burn victims may lose confidence in themselves due to the severity of their injuries. Gradually, some burn victims lose touch with their friends and family by isolating themselves. Physical rehabilitation may require years of dedicated work with physicians, therapists, and nurses. Some burn victims may lose hope that life will ever be normal again.
Medical bills may accrue as treatment options and surgical procedures become more expensive. The following are some of the most common complications associated with burning and scarring injuries:
- Psychological distress: Many burn victims undergo counseling to deal with the trauma caused by their injuries. Post-traumatic stress disorder can last for months or years after the date of injury.
- Scarring: Disfigurement is often a consequence of medical procedures such as skin grafts. It is possible for some victims to undergo plastic surgery and laser therapy to reduce the presence of scar tissue, however, these medical procedures are not covered by most health insurance policies.
- Mobility issues: Loss of coordination is a common problem caused by severe burn injuries. Nerve damage may produce severe mobility issues, particularly in victims who suffer burn injuries to their hands and feet.
- Blindness: Sometimes, a victim may suffer burn injuries that affect their vision. These injuries may cause victims to lose their ability to return to their chosen profession.
- Brain damage: If an injury victim loses oxygen to their brain, they may suffer permanent neurological damage that affects them for the remainder of their life.
- Respiratory damage: Smoke inhalation may cause severe respiratory issues in burn injury victims. Respiratory failure, pneumonia, and asthma are common symptoms caused by respiratory damage.
- Infections: Any puncture of the skin is susceptible to bacterial infection. Also, blood infections are commonly suffered by victims who experience severe burn injuries.
Other complications are also possible due to burn injuries. Speaking to an Oklahoma City burning and scarring injury lawyer can help you determine which complications may be related to your personal injury case.
The Facts of Your Case Are Unique
It may be overwhelming to deal with a civil lawsuit, but an Oklahoma City burning and scarring injury attorney can help you understand how to file a civil lawsuit and enforce your legal rights. You may have been the victim of a negligent driver or corporation. The facts of your case are unique from all other cases, and you should speak to a knowledgeable burning and scarring injury attorney in Oklahoma City.
Contact Boettcher, Divenney, Ingle, and Wicker Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
It is possible that burn victims may not be prepared for the losses they will suffer due to their injuries. If another individual or entity caused your injuries, then you can seek financial compensation for your injuries. The law in Oklahoma can provide you with the tools you need to enforce your legal rights.
If you do not understand where to begin, you can reach out to BDIW Law today. Our burning and scarring injury lawyers in Oklahoma City can provide you with the resources you need to determine if you can assert legal claims against the party responsible for your injuries. You can contact us online or reach out to our office by telephone during business hours.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY