Vehicle rollover accidents can be terrifying to watch and destructive for all victims involved. Rollover accidents in Oklahoma often result in severe injuries or fatalities, especially if any passengers were not buckled. No matter how your rollover occurred, you may be in dire need of legal assistance.
An experienced Oklahoma rollover accident lawyer at BDIW Law can help you get through these tough times. Contact our motor vehicle accident law firm today to learn more about what your next steps should be and who could be sued for your damages.
What Causes Oklahoma Rollover Accidents?
Rollover accidents typically occur because a driver has lost control of their vehicle and it slides sideways. The vehicle then “trips” on another object, such as a guard rail or a curb, and then rolls over. A rollover can also occur when a vehicle is turned too aggressively or at a higher rate of speed.
Other times, if a car receives a significant impact, such as in a multi-vehicle crash, or if there is an impact with a larger object like a train, it can cause the vehicle to roll over. However, 3/4 of rollover crashes resulting in a fatality are from single-vehicle crashes, and more than half of the vehicle occupants killed in single-vehicle crashes were part of a rollover crash, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
What to Do if You Have Been Involved in a Rollover Accident
If you have been in a rollover crash, you will want first to determine if you or anyone else was injured. If you are physically able to call 911, you should do so immediately. If you or any passengers are trapped or unable to move, stay where you are and wait for help. Call our car accident legal team for guidance and support, if possible.
Get Medical Help
When emergency personnel arrive, let them treat you as they see fit and go to the emergency room if they suggest it. You could have life-threatening internal injuries requiring specialized hospital equipment to diagnose internal bleeding or brain injury. After an accident, adrenaline and shock can mask your pain, and you may not realize your injuries are as bad as they are.
Collect Evidence to Support Your Case
When the police arrive, give them a detailed account of what happened. Tell them what you remember but never guess or give inaccurate information. The police report will be a crucial piece in your personal injury case.
If your injuries do not prevent you from collecting evidence at the scene, you should gather everything possible. If you cannot do so, ask a friend or family member to help. You will want to collect critical information, such as physical evidence, contact information for any eyewitnesses, videos and photos from the scene, and insurance information from any parties involved in the accident.
Preserving your vehicle in its present condition could serve as an important piece of evidence for your rollover crash. Vehicle stability, crashworthiness of the vehicle, or roof strength issues due to manufacturer design flaws may have factored into the rollover crash. Do not have your vehicle repaired before an accident reconstruction expert has been able to examine it.
Hire a Rollover Accident Lawyer in Oklahoma
Contact a dedicated and experienced rollover attorney to review your case and protect your legal rights through the entire claim process. An attorney at BDIW Law can help preserve crucial evidence so you can fight for maximum compensation.
Damages that Can Be Recovered After a Rollover Accident in Oklahoma
A rollover accident can impact you in life-changing ways. A rollover accident attorney in Oklahoma at BDIW Law understands the seriousness of the crash and the damages you have suffered.
We will help you seek damages for the many things in your life that have been affected. We will help you seek compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are the easily verifiable financial losses you can seek compensation for after an injury.
- Loss of Income – As an injury victim, you can claim any current lost income and the future income you will lose due to the loss of earning capacity from your injuries. If, for example, you were unable to return to your career because your injuries have left you physically or mentally incapable, and you are forced to take a lower earning position, or if you are unable ever to work again.
- Current, past, and future medical expenses – Medical treatments can be expensive and take a long time. As an accident victim, you should always include past, present, and future medical expenses in your personal injury claim and should consist of any expenses related to:
- Prescription medication
- Lab tests, including blood tests
- Follow up visits
- X-rays and MRIs
- Home health care or assisted living
- Emergency treatment
- Miscellaneous Out-of-pocket expenses – Miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses are often forgotten about but are very important to include in your personal injury claim. These costs can include wheelchairs or any other assistive devices, transportation costs to and from rehabilitation or doctor’s appointments, and over-the-counter medications.
Examples of non-economic damages could include:
- Pain and suffering – Physical pain and suffering is a type of harm received from a rollover accident that merits seeking compensation. The severity of the injuries you sustained, your account of what took place, and the observations from friends and family, will help your lawyer establish these damages.
- Emotional distress – Car accidents are traumatic for the victims involved. Often victims will have nightmares and flashbacks and suffer from anxiety and sleeplessness, which are all symptoms of PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder), which for most victims is a debilitating condition.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – Injuries and emotional distress can forever change how you enjoy your future life. Injuries may prevent you from physically enjoying activities or hobbies you used to participate in, and anxiety may emotionally keep you from wanting to do previous activities, especially if your emotional trauma leaves you fearful of being in another accident.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
How an Oklahoma Rollover Accident Attorney Can Help
Experiencing a devastating crash can feel overwhelming, but you should not have to go through this alone. A compassionate Oklahoma rollover lawyer at BDIW Law understands that you need to physically and emotionally heal from the traumatic injuries you sustained in your rollover accident. Reach out to us today by phone or via our online form for a free consultation.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY