At BDIW Law, we protect workers against retaliatory actions on the part of employers, which can threaten job security.
As an employee, there are times you may need to speak up about problems that occur on the job, particularly when they impact your health, career, personal life, or public safety. Unfortunately, employees are often discouraged from doing so and can face retaliatory actions as a result. This may include creating a hostile work environment for you, passing you up for promotions, or attempting to force you to quit. In this type of intimidating situation, BDIW Law acts as a strong legal ally on your side. As experienced Tulsa employment law attorneys, we fight to protect your rights while holding at-fault employers accountable.
Our Team Is Here To Assist You Every Step Of The Way.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Common Causes of Retaliation on the Job
Retaliation on the job can occur for a number of reasons. It is often associated with whistleblower claims, in which employees report unsafe conditions on job sites or illegal practices that employers engage in. It can also involve speaking up over discriminatory actions or policies that exist in the workplace.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) provides detailed guidelines employers must follow in terms of dealing with employees fairly. It also provides a list of protected activities. This includes:
- Speaking up about discrimination on the job, such as on the basis of age, race, religious beliefs, gender, or national origin;
- Resisting sexual advances or intervening to protect others against discrimination;
- Refusing to engage in practices that would be considered discriminatory, illegal, or in violation of established safety standards;
- Reporting episodes involving harassment, illegal actions, or safety violations to supervisors or outside agencies;
- Answering questions from attorneys, lawmakers, agency investigators or others responding to reported cases.
Employers are prohibited from retaliating against workers who engage in the above types of activities. When they do, our Tulsa, OK employment law attorneys provide the trusted legal guidance and aggressive representation needed to hold them accountable in a claim.
We Protect You Against Employers Who Attempt to Take Retaliatory Actions
At BDIW Law, we protect you against employers who attempt to retaliate against you for taking a stand against illegal, discriminatory, or unsafe practices on the job. Under Oklahoma Statutes, retaliation may take any of the following forms:
- Refusing to hire you for certain positions;
- Creating negative job performance reviews;
- Refusing to promote you;
- Refusing to provide raises or bonuses you are entitled to
- Demoting you from your current position;
- Making threats or other acts of intimidation;
- Firing you from the job.
When employers engage in the above types of retaliation, our Tulsa, OK employment attorneys can hold them accountable in a claim. You may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, future losses in income or earnings, and the pain and suffering you endured due to their illegal actions.
Get A FREE No-Obligation Consultation Today!CONTACT US TODAY
Contact Our Tulsa, OK Employment Law Attorneys
If you are facing retaliation from an employer, get BDIW Law fighting on your side. Call 918-728-6500 or contact our Tulsa, OK employment law attorneys online to request a consultation today.
The Sooner We Get Involved, The More We Can Do To Help You.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY