Abduction and Kidnapping
Our Ponca City criminal defense attorneys provide the aggressive legal defense you need when faced with abduction and kidnapping charges.
Abduction and kidnapping are serious criminal charges. As felony crimes, you could be facing heavy fines, a potentially lengthy prison sentence, and a criminal record that follows you for the rest of your life. At Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, our Ponca City criminal defense attorneys provide the trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation you need to avoid a conviction.
Abduction and Kidnapping Charges in Oklahoma
Under Section 21-741 of the Oklahoma Statutes, kidnapping involving the unlawful taking, abduction, restraint, or seizure of another person, with the intent to do one of the following:
- To confine or imprison the person against their will;
- To cause the person to be sent out of state against the will of them or others involved;
- To cause the other person to be held in service to another against their will or to be sold as a slave.
Even if the alleged victim consented to the taking, you could still face criminal charges if the person was under the age of 12 or if their consent was in any way forced or coerced. At Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, our Ponca City criminal defense attorneys fight to protect the rights of clients facing these types of charges. The mere accusation of kidnapping can do permanent damage to your reputation and your relationships with others while leaving you facing heavy outrageous legal expenses. A conviction can result in thousands of dollars in fines and up to a 20-year or longer prison sentence.
Our Ponca City Kidnapping Attorneys Provide the Strong Legal Defense You Need
Charges relating to kidnapping and abduction can arise under a variety of scenarios. The media often focuses on adults and children lured away by strangers in public places or snatched from parking lots and playgrounds. However, the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) reports that kidnapping is even more likely to occur among non-strangers, including family members or people in dating relationships.
At Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker, provide the strong legal defense you need in these situations. Our Ponca City kidnapping attorneys act as a strong legal ally on your side, providing the aggressive legal representation you need when dealing with law enforcement, the Oklahoma Courts, and the criminal justice system. Actions we can take on your behalf include:
- Reviewing the charges against you and the circumstances surrounding your arrest;
- Arguing to have your charges dropped at arraignment hearings;
- Arranging for bond so that you can actively participate in your case;
- Disputing the claims against you and gathering evidence in your favor;
- Aggressively arguing your case before a judge and jury;
- Arranging for alternative sentencing to avoid a prison sentence.
Contact Our Ponca City Criminal Defense Attorneys Today
You need a strong legal defense to protect you against penalties associated with kidnapping charges. To get Boettcher, Devinney, Ingle & Wicker fighting on your side, call or contact our Ponca City criminal defense attorneys online and request a consultation today.